As of September 2020, we’ve stopped selling new licenses to the following integrations.
They will continue to work for existing users until ConnectWise disables the SOAP API that they rely on.
As of September 2020, we’ve stopped selling new licenses to the following integrations. They will continue to work for existing users until ConnectWise disables the SOAP API that they rely on.
- Mobius Connect for Acomba
- Mobius Connect for Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Mobius Connect for Dynamics NAV
- Mobius Connect for Dynamics SL
- Mobius Connect for Sage 300
- Mobius Connect for Sage 50 CA
- Mobius Connect for Sage 50 UK
- Mobius Connect for Sage 50 US
Back in 2012 we were still working for an MSP called Mobius Works. ConnectWise subsidised the series of accounting integrations that we now call Mobius Connect. We ended up building integrations for 8 different accounting systems over the next 3 years. The integrations were all developed by us, but sold and supported exclusively by ConnectWise. The year our most recent integrations were released (2015) ConnectWise also released their new REST API as a replacement for the SOAP API that all of these integrations were built on.
Since 2015 not much has happened with these integrations. They are for older accounting systems that have been replaced by newer alternatives by the companies that control them (1). We’ve made bug fixes as needed to keep them working with newer versions of the products they support as needed but otherwise they’ve mostly just been ticking along.
In the last 5 years the SOAP API that all our other accounting integrations use has been deprecated by ConnectWise, and we’ve passed at least a couple of deadlines when it was supposed to stop working. Neither ConnectWise or Gozynta has made the investment needed to uplift these integrations to the new REST API.
So here we are, with 2020 coming to a close. It doesn’t make business sense to us to take the development effort away from our other successful products to uplift these accounting integrations. It also doesn’t feel ethically sound to continue selling software that will stop working at a (presumably near) future date that we have no control over.
As I said above, we’ll continue to keep these integrations working for existing customers for as long as the SOAP API continues to work with Manage. We expect ConnectWise will continue to provide end-user support for the same period of time.
1. Dynamics 365 Business Central is an exception. It is Microsoft’s leading accounting solution. However our integration for BC is an offshoot of our NAV integration. Unfortunately the NAV APIs aren’t very stable in 365, and this integration really deserves to be rewritten using BC’s REST API. Acomba is being replaced by the newer Acomba X, Dynamics NAV and SL are being replaced by 365 BC, Sage 300 is being replaced by Sage X3 and, The Sage 50 product line is being replaced by Sage Business Cloud Accounting